Fume Extraction Systems
Local and international health and safety legislation (such as COSHH, NIOSHH, OSHA etc) states that it is the employers responsibility to protect the health, welfare and safety of their employees. Failure to do so can result in expensive legal action, potential fines and poor employee relations.
The Need for Fume Extraction
Many types of dust and fume are hazardous to health if inhaled. People can become permanently sensitised to fumes which means that continued exposure, even to very small amounts of fume, may cause asthma attacks or other respiratory diseases. A high performance fume extraction system will help to:
- Protect employee health.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations such as OSHA, NIOSH
- C.O.S.H.H, MAK, AFNOR, or equivalent.
- Increase production speeds.
- Reduce complaints by operators due to odours, dust and vapours.
- Avoid possible cost of health compensation claims
- Reduce the cost & time to cleaning laser lenses, conveyors, guarding, soldering machines and other equipment.
- Reduce product contamination.
- Provide a better working environment.
Purex offers an extensive range of fume extraction solutions. These range from machines to protect a single person to powerful centralised systems to cater for multiple users or high volume continuous automated processes (e.g. a PCB production line).